One of the biggest dilemma of mobile app developers while choosing between Waterfall and Agile app development process. Which one should be chosen and why, we have this expert’s guide, which gives a clear understanding of choosing between these two methods. Let’s understand that what are these two methods and how to prioritize them.
What is Waterfall method for app development?
You can call Waterfall method is the most common and easiest method of app development. Waterfall is not new to anyone; of course, we can imagine this as a common occurrence in the rain. App developers can easily relate it with a liner method of development when one thing comes after another one and so on.
- System and software requirements
These are the steps of a Waterfall development model and it uses in the same way. It is easier and which makes this method a time to consume and less secure. Each step is final and difficult to retract. And, when steps are interconnected, which makes it the dependency of one step to previous one. Developers can’t jump to any step and get the development done.
What is the Agile app development method?
Agile method for app development has its own advantages as it has the feature of iteration of development and testing in the process. Unlike the Waterfall model, the development and testing go hand-in-hand. The concurrent nature of development and testing makes it easier for a developer to find the bug and fix it. Here, the participation of developer, tester, user, and client increases to make the final development at the best ever.
Waterfall VS Agile App Development methods: what is better for your app?
When you compare these two methods of mobile app development for your app, both of them have different advantages and disadvantages. Choosing one of these two methods is a completely individual choice. This is also influenced by the various other factors as requirements of the client, developers’ knowledge, project budget and more such factors.
Benefits of using Waterfall Model
- Easier method has a different process which gives different results
- Easier so faster too, can be delivered in no time
- Good for smaller projects where development doesn’t require a complex process
- Everything is documented, from the development process to result and bugs too
- Simple method so can be easily hand-over to any team with any phase
Benefits of using Agile Model
- More focus approached; involves developers, end-users, testers, and client too
- The work is organized and able to deliver better project output
- It is transparent, so everyone knows the development of the project
- Provides MVP for a better understanding of output and development of the project
- Add value and improve it on each level of development
Here, app developers know the difference and benefits of using both of these models. We can’t define any of these methods as superior one, rather each one has own advantages. The choice is based on the project requirement, budget, nature of project and developers; whatever suits for a certain project will help them to get a better output.
For further help, consider visiting:
WhatsApp on 9811214178
Reach us to our social community…