Do you wish to develop your own customized mobile game??
Well you can definitely enter the world of hi-tech games and you need not have an in-depth knowledge on computer coding. There is a possibility for you to build your very own customized games even if you are an amateur and come from an entirely different academic background. Let me show you how can accomplish this humongous task?
All you need to have is an understanding of few Game builder tools, platforms or devices available in the market that you can make use of.
What are the 5 commonly used Game Building Engines??
- GameSalad- This game development tool carries the tagline, ‘Drag & drop programming- No coding required.’ This is, undoubtedly, one of the most favorable builder on the list. Within a few hours, you land up with your own created and customized game. This easy-to-use and flexible tool is available at a much lower rate of $ 17 per month.
- Stencyl- This cross- platform tool is also for the amateur beginners that enables you to develop your own game version on either Android, iOS, Windows and even Flash. Publishing such a game is free of cost specially publishing Flash game. However, Android game will charge you a high rate of $ 99 per year. It has a 2D set-up which means you cannot include 3D effects onto the game.
- GameMaker Studio- GameMaker Studio from Yo Yo Games, is one of the premier engines, marked by it’s highly flexible and user-friendly nature. You can build a complete version of your game using a drag-and-drop interface. If you lack the basic programming knowledge and coding yet wish to be a proud developer of a highly engrossing game on a cross platform, then this is the fitting option for you. This tool allows you to add extra customized features and other attributes such as in-app purchase, real-time analytic that will tell you how users play your game, source control, engaging multi players and extensibility through third-party extensions as well. This tool has embedded applications like built-in editors to add images, animations, shaders etc. The professional version has different rates for different platforms.
- Unreal Engine 4- One of the most professional tool is a part of the Unreal franchise. You can easily and quickly develop your own customized game and add features such as live debugging, reloading, instant game previews, systems like artificial intelligence, terrain, cinematic tools, post-processing effects, and more. The code is already created and embedded into the framework allowing you to create your own logic without disrupting any part of the code. If you wish to add your own code, you can do so. This device has over 800 tutorial videos uploaded on YouTube channel. This is definitely the best option to build a cross-platform game that comes free of cost for first time users. Once your earning increases, you need to pay 5% royalty to it.
- Unity- This particular game building engine allows you to develop games for both 2d and 3d versions. It provides a component based design for your game where you can add various components, each controlling the game’s logic. However, to make a complete utilization of the device, you might need a little bit of coding, using C#. However, you do not need to worry since you will get thousands of tutorials across the web. Moreover, you will find imbibed video documentations and tutorial series for the newbies. You create the game one time and publish it on multiple platforms. You can huge revenue from your created game as long your profit stays below the level of $ 100,000 per year, there is no need for you to play any royalties, otherwise it is free.
There are many other game development engine and devices available in the market apart from the ones given up. They are definitely worth mentioning.
- Construct 2
- Godot Engine
- Unreal Engine 4
Which one do you think best match your requirement? Try them and you will get an awesome experience creating your own game and you can have it uploaded to the App store. Start Today!!