Enterprises and business organizations have gradually adopted the BYOD policy within their business model. This policy entails catering to office work and staying in close touch with the team directly through your phone even when you are physically away from the office premise. Developers are hired or recruited to specifically render enterprise mobility solutions to stay on par with the changing market trends.
But the major cause of dilemma that most of the companies suffer from is:
- Whether to hire the mobile app developer to outsource the app development for internal purpose?
- Which platform to target for both the internal as well as external application development?
By internal, we meant are those applications, which are designed to be used for data, sharing among the company’s employees. Security must be prioritized here since the applications house confidential official data which if landed with the competitors can ruin the organization.
By external, we meant the mCommerce apps that bridge the gap between the company and the ultimate buyers.
Now speaking about which platform to target, the decision rests entirely on the business objective of the enterprise. Both the android as well as the iOS application development have their personal share of benefits and challenges. But, it is the company who gets to decide why android platform over iOS one.
Also Read: Eight ways iOS beats android
To make the choice a little simpler, let us club together points that will support the android application development for the enterprise apps.
- Wide, fragmented market target since Android smartphones has a wider market compared to the iPhone ones. If the mCommerce application needs to have maximum reach android is the one for the enterprise. Even for internal purpose, a too android operating system is available to the major employees. So the choice is made.
- Boost up productivity with quick and faster performance, which is necessary for in-house applications especially when decisions need to be taken by the team to meet the deadline. Delay in the process can lead to huge losses.
- Open source of the Android platform allows easy leveraging of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) without even worrying about the licensing costs or royalty. Developers can easily communicate with the Android developer community for the forthcoming versions such that they can also be easily incorporated into their existing Android app development projects.
- Customization is one of the major opportunities for enterprises to design and develop applications that best suit their needs, exploring any levels of creativity with the user interface, data management functions and multimedia tools easily updated for custom business apps.
- Minimal investment and maximum ROI are the two positive points that attract business houses to design application. Software development kit is available free of cost for the developers to use. One-time registration fees are required and rest of the process is simple and free. Low investment for interactive and engaging user interface fetching maximized ROI.
- More than one sales channel to target with Android applications instead of relying on a single platform as is the case with the iPhone apps. Besides, Google and third-party stores, one can create own distribution and sales channels, one can build and publish the same app.
- Quick adaptation for programmers with proper knowledge of Java coding can easily develop any android application matching any device specification. Also, the same application is easily launched by registering as a developer and submitting the .apk file.
- Compatible with more devices since the Android operating system is distributed across multiple devices making way into different homes. So quite a big market to target.
Also Read: Android or iOS- which one to choose?
Not only eight, rather reasons to opt for an Android operating system to design enterprise mobile application is endless. Even though arguments can be placed forward against the system still major world population still trust and use android phones. Especially companies who are looking for an expansive market to target with their mCommerce application, android app development service will fetch more customers than the iOS one. A market is widely fragmented usually dominated by Android smartphones. So for internal purpose as well, Android OS will the perfect solution.
What are you waiting for then? Your decision is made. Hire a top-notch android application development company like Fluper and begin your enterprise app building journey.
For further help, consider visiting:
WhatsApp on 9811214178
Reach us to our social community…