The mobile technology is a wide space to explore options and mobile app development companies keep inventing ways to offer an out-of-the-world experience to the end users with their designed applications. The tech giants Apple have been in a long lasting combat with the search engine guru Google either in terms of the operating system or the applications specific to their individual platforms.
Lately, they have plunged into a fresh series of conflicts and this time it is the Voice Assistant feature that has pulled in other significant players such as Amazon with its virtual assistant SIRI and Samsung along with its pet Bixby.
Also Read: Microsoft plans to conquer tech world
Also Read: 5 apps on Android alternate to SIRI
Mobile app developers are specially instructed to develop applications that can easily run in tune with the commands received from the respective voice assistants.
Also Read: Google I/O announcements
So, what is the purpose of owning such virtual/voice assistants?
Voice assistants are designed with artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and voice recognition technology embedded into its framework to allow the end user in smooth exchange of communicative words to interact with the digital assistant. The sophisticated algorithms identify the information stored in the data input to predict the user’s needs. Few assistants are more advanced to meet multi-step requests and numerous interactions to perform more complex tasks, such as booking seats at a movie theater.
Commanding verbally the device to perform the specific task has evolved as a most convenient process than typing the requirements. Human beings are generally lazy, which is the exact factor that has been optimized by the best mobile application development companies and tech giants to popularize the voice assistant feature in smartphones.
As prior mentioned, we have few major assistants available in the market. But how can we be sure of each of their competency?? This calls for the importance of comparative analysis of each voice assistants.
With reference to Apple’ SIRI and Google’s Assistant, let’s find out which one proves the better assistant both in terms of their usability and functionality?
- OS compatibility- SIRI is only for iOS but Google Assistant is available for both the Android app developers as well as the iOS application development companies along with their specific user counterparts. However, the seamless performance of the Google Assistant might differ from Android to iOS version.
2. Voice response time- Google Assistant has proven to be the fastest assistant in comparison to its competitors especially SIRI when it comes to response timings. Though Apple is not way behind Google standing right behind the Google Assistant followed by Samsung’s Bixby occupying the third position.
- Complex- Voice assistants have turned out to be incompetent to cater complex commands. Google Assistant will just open the application on receiving the voice command from the user. Both SIRI and Google Assistant have integrations with third-party mobile app development framework to understand app-specific commands. ‘Send a WhatsApp message to Charlie’ and the assistants will confer with that at once.
- Custom- Google assistant make user command crisp by selecting shortcuts in settings to map the short phrase into action.
4. Contextual conversation- Google Assistant has proved its competency in exchanging more natural and contextual conversation with the user. It remembers the previous context wherein SIRI fails here in recalling the previous conversation and has to be instructed specifically each time.
5. Exchange of textual messages- Virtual assistants in default messaging apps are capable of sending and reading messages out loud. SIRI offers a prompt response to the command but Google Assistant first displays the text and seeks user’s permission to read out loud.
6. Translating to default language- Google Assistant owns the power to translate more languages courtesy Google Translate application. Contrary to it, SIRI currently translates English to the limited list of languages such as Spanish, Mandarin, French, Italian, and German.
7. Responsive gestures- Responses to user commands differ from SIRI to Google Assistant. Examples:
(a) When questioned on weather, SIRI displayed an entire chart of the weather forecast wherein Google read out the current temp and highs and low for the day.
(b) When enquired about the current stock price of Tesla, SIRI provided with a handy financial chart accompanied by the answer asked while Google Assistant read out the stock price
Drawing a conclusive verdict on the ongoing debate cannot justify the two assistants. Both are equally serviceable in their respective areas and OS versions. In spite of the fact that Google Assistant works on both the Android as well as the iOS platforms, yet it goes without saying that SIRI is most advisable for iOS users wherein the Google assistant serves the Android devices better. Apart from this fact the above-mentioned facts aptly describe which voice assistant performs better and where. Mobile application development companies such as Fluper have the creative insight to design applications that work in sync with the voice assistant commands
Fluper, one of the top-rated mobile app development companies in Dubai, houses the right amount of skills required to design such innovative application features.
WhatsApp on 9811214178
Reach us to our social community…